This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Sunday, October 24, 2010

My inspirations

After reading the last post of the new Design Star Emily Henderson; I started browsing to see what tacky ideas she was referring to that are online. As far as bamboo goes, I agree, since I am not into that look. Though I believe one can alter anything and they are hollow so there are many uses for it.


A bee comb look

I really like this look, though is it a tad bit seventies?
As usual once inspired my mind follows a path and did get into some interesting ideas with twists following some inspirations I saw online.
I have a few ideas I saw worth a comment or two.
This one from this site.
http://www.sirwal.com/search/curtain+room+dividers+ikea/

She mentioned string, and then I see possibilities of that after I saw this fence here.




I could see doing that between say two wooden vertical beams say like in a loft or a basement.

Now if your a genealogist with a complicated family tangled web, think of it done this way. http://genealogyofoldendorfundnahrendorf.blogspot.com/2008/10/web-creativity-of-ghrde.html

You could get as creative as you want with your materials. I was going to say with ideas with burlap, bleached burlap, canvas, painters cloth, muslin, string, cording in the sewing section, clothes line.

I love the web made of cording because the web idea made from cording ties with my tangle of family webbing idea so well.
Now especially in this Halloween day season I have been frequently thinking about the cording or a heavy string in thickness that can be very visible from a distance strung between two objects whether trees or fencing to well create a visual barrier or fencing.
My all time favorite.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8146415@N08/1572789910/
by Tho Guenther
I have used this picture before and I will not do so once more to show you that it has been done. Please just follow the link of an example of others in a forest. If you don't you miss so much of my intentions today.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8146415@N08/1572776636/in/photostream/

Okay now lets move away from the cording idea and trail along the idea of burlap. On someones blog, I saw the idea of tassels made from burlap. It was an interesting idea.

Think of again the ragged wrinkled look of tassels again with the idea of strips of thin fabric falling in streamers, flowing loosely or stiffened and weighted?? Because I have seen tassels done with rag strips as well.

Again all these ideas could be done as screens, folding or not.

Some others suggested windows and I like the idea if it was artful. by that I mean arched like window with beveled glass or even antique stained glass. Which of course would strain the budget.

If money was not such a object, I would say artistic substantial statues of some sort, similar maybe group of three or some mounted on pillars.

I know this little post is hasty and choppy. I just had to input some ideas taking off from Emily Henderson's last post on some ideas she was working out for her Design Star show series.

No comments:

Post a Comment