This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Monday, February 14, 2011

My everlasting love affair.??


Does any one remember this photo from and old issue of this magazine. I bought that magazine purely for that kitchen article.



I was a sucker for blue and white and a dash of pink more than a dash of yellow. It caught my fancy.I was in love with that room.





My love affair is still lasting after all these years.
I've wanted to do this in my dining area for years. I have the book cases in place. But how could one get it to the year 2011. Actually I would have to paint the book cases. Move the books. in order to get this look. around 1974 I started getting blue and white dishes. A few years ago I started picking up some pink flowered plates, and tea pots in the two colors.
I love blue transfer ware, but never got any. Which is perfect for this.

If one had no doors in the kitchen on the cupboards, I suppose it would be similar. But I have no room for a table and chair.

I know it was a country cottage feeling. But well I still live in a cottage. I just don't know what to do with all that oak that I have. You see that is what has kept me from doing this. [Also the fact that I love black looks too.] As for Oak, I like my Buffet as oak, though I have seen it painted a creamy dreamy white and it looks good. I couldn't paint the tall Hutch though. I could move it.
My adjoining kitchen is still white with dashes of blue and pink.The Pink preference
is coral pink.
The pink in my magazine shows a slight tendency to have some coral hints.

My love is pure, but my mind over heart has won so far.

What do you think of the room?

Have a Happy Valentines Day

No comments:

Post a Comment