This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday -- The Power of Pink


Your seeing here a light Pink oriental lily from the Walmart garden center, which came in a pink package which said some of the proceeds was going to cancer charity. They had lots of the pink packages of various bulbs marked in that way. It was one way I knew I would receive pink instead of yellow or orange.

What you see below in the small photo is the shamrock looking plant that has tiny little pink flowers gown from the little bulbs that I also planted in early spring. I am sorry that this portion of the photos that I cropped from the larger picture is so blurry. I had planted a glad in the middle, I should move it back more into the sunshine so that it can bloom soon.

I know the table set up below is not the proper way to use it, but I kind of did it that way this summer. Rather than putting on the glass topper.



I have always loved pink. I seek it out where ever I am. I think it's presence adds to my happiness in a day.
However, I have always thought that it is a color that can't stand alone. To me it looks great when it's added to a spot of other color. In any little scheme one should repeat the colors around. But the one lily does okay here enlarged anyway. [Wink]

So with that said, it would have been nice for more than one flower, but all the same I wish to show my little pink sblotch of happiness. Up closer the darker pink lily flower supplies the power of pink much more than the lighter flower. Each bloomed at different times.
I HOPE YOU ENJOYED A LITTLE PINK HAPPINESS TODAY. SEE YOU LATER.

No comments:

Post a Comment